What to Expect - Please read before your appointment.
- You will receive a 30 minute ETA text prior to our arrival.
Firm Price Before Service Begins
- Upon arriving, your technician will tour the area with you, make recommendations and give you a firm price. If the price is accepted, the technician will perform the service, if not, consider it a complimentary estimate.
Carpet Cleaning Dry Time
- Dry time varies based on level of soiling, outside humidity, air movement and thickness of carpet. On sunny days with standard soiled carpet, it is usually dry within 3-6 hours.
- We will be running vacuum hoses from our van into your home, which requires at least one door to be open during service. Please place your pet(S) in a crate, bathroom or safe location where they will not escape out of the open door.
Furniture Moving and Personal Property on Floors
- Please have small furniture and personal items off the floor unless you do not want the floor cleaned beneath such items. We are not responsible for damages that might result from moving furniture. We do not move certain pieces of furniture including king size beds, two-piece dressers, memory foam mattresses, heirloom furniture, glass/mirrors, antique furniture, furniture of significant value, delicate furniture, and any furniture that holds electronics.
- Grout lines that have been deep cleaned take longer to dry. They will often appear discolored until completely dry. Allow for a full 24 hours. It is impossible to know what spots need touch ups until the tile is completely dry. We recommend booking a complimentary follow up appointment within three days of the main cleaning to take care of any spots that need to be touched up.
Pet Odors & Urine Stains
- Steam cleaning helps reduce odor and visible stains in carpet, however the only way to completely remove the pet urine stain is to replace the carpet, pad and either seal or replace the sub-floor beneath; therefore we do not guarantee complete pet odor stain removal, but our service should significantly reduce the appearance and smell of the stain.
- We will use the upmost care with your rug, while transporting and cleaning it, however we are not responsible for any damage that might occur while in our care. Remember that rugs that have been walked on, placed in direct sunlight, aged significantly or stained by pets, might be fragile and more susceptible to damage.
- We will have several hoses, both large and small, running throughout your home or facility during the cleaning service. Use caution when moving around the work site. Caution: walking from moist carpet to hard surfaces creates a slip hazard.
Vacuuming Before Carpet Cleaning
- Vacuuming before the cleaning will assist in a deeper clean. We will vacuum upon request for $5 per area.
Parking and Property Needs
- Please provide our truck and trailer with sufficient area to park and work from. If appropriate, please contact your Home Owners Association, Property Manager or Landlord to inform them that we will be on the property. The property needs electricity and water.
Remember that customer service is very important to us. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, before, during or after your appointment, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Residential Tile Cleaning Questions
What is the tile cleaning process?
- We scrub each grout line and tile with eco-friendly cleaners, and use high pressure, hot water to rinse and extract dirt and grime.
Should I get my tile and grout sealed?
- Yes. Grout is porous and absorbs spills and dirt. Sealing will protect it and extend the times between cleaning.
How long do I need to stay off the tile floor after it is cleaned and sealed?
- At least an hour to ensure that the sealant dries properly.
Residential Carpet Cleaning Questions
How long will it take to clean my carpets?
- Initial set up and consultation will take about 20 minutes, prepare for 15-20 minutes per carpet area cleaned, and an additional 20 minutes for take down and payment. If the carpet is significantly soiled, it might take longer to clean.
Do you move furniture when you clean carpet?
- We will assist in moving furniture but there are several items we will not assist with moving including but not limited to , china cabinets, beds, mirrored dressers, pool tables, electronics.
Do I need to vacuum before carpet cleaning?
- For a deeper clean, vacuuming beforehand is recommended. Green Tree Steamers offers this service for an additional $5 per room.
What method is used for carpet cleaning?
- We use the hot water extraction method to remove dirt and stains gently and effectively. It is the cleaning method most carpet manufacturers recommend.
What do you consider to be an area for carpet cleaning?
- 150 square feet. Most bedrooms are one area. Most living room/dining room combos are considered two areas.
I had my carpet cleaned but the stains are back. What do I do?
- Most spots will not reappear after the cleaning. When it does happen, call Green Tree Steamers to schedule a complimentary spot touch-up.
How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
- Factors like soil level, humidity, temperature and air flow can affect carpet dry time. Typically, carpets will be dry within 3-6 hours, but allow for up to 24 hours for high humidity days or heavily soiled carpet.
Will carpet cleaning kill the fleas in my home?
- We cannot guarantee that carpet cleaning will kill all of the fleas. It is best to treat your home first to exterminate adult fleas and follow immediately with carpet and upholstery cleaning.
Upholstery Cleaning Questions
I have microfiber furniture, and the manufacture recommends dry cleaning. Can you do this?
How do you clean upholstery?
- We look at the tag on the piece of furniture. It typically will have one of four letters on it: S- no water can be used. It must be a solvent-based dry cleaner. W- Water is recommended to clean. WS- Either water or a solvent-based cleaner can be used. X- Vacuum clean only
How long will it take my furniture to dry?
- Typically 3-6 hours, depending on the level of soil.
Air Duct Cleaning Questions
Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Dirt and debris can collect in your system, creating blockages and preventing your system from working at its peak. By cleaning your ducts, you will increase the effectiveness of your AC system and help prevent allergens and dust being continuously blown in your home or office.
Commercial Cleaning Questions
Should I get carpet protector when I have my commercial space cleaned?
- If your business experiences high traffic on the carpet areas, we strongly recommend protector. It will absorb the damages of spills and wear and tear so the carpet fiber does not.
How often should I have the floors cleaned for my business.
- Each business is unique in it’s needs and traffic volume. Most of our commercial clients are on a monthly subscription service, with designated days and a special rate.
Does your process leave a residue?
Can people be in the space during the cleaning?
- We prefer commercial floor cleaning jobs to be done outside of normal business hours, but accommodations can be made.
Can I get my business cleaned on a weekend?
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment. There is a $120.00 cancellation fee for non-emergency cancellations if you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment time, including weekends. The $120 is credited back to you if you choose to reschedule with Green Tree Steamers within a two weeks of the cancelled appointment. If off hours, please leave your cancellation notice by voice mail (210-277-0424), text message (210-838-2497) or email (email@example.com)
Green Tree Steamers Cancellation
- In the rare event we need cancel your appointment for reasons beyond our control, we will let you know as quickly as possible as well as attempt to find an suitable service provider to fill our cancellation. Abrupt cancellations may occur due to inclement weather, mechanical failure or other unforeseen events.
Please read our Additional Disclaimers and Information.
Pet Odors & Urine Stains
Pet urine is an issue of the carpet, pad and sub-floor beneath. Cleaning the surface of carpet will Not remove pet urine odors. Pet odor removal is a separate service that involves locating each urine spot with an ultra violate light then treating the carpet pad beneath the carpet using an enzymatic formula. The only way to fully remove all pet urine odors from your floor is to replace the carpet, pad and either seal or replace the sub-floor beneath; therefore, we do Not guarantee complete pet odor or stain removal. Note: We may not be able to locate all urine spots on polyester carpet if the carpet has been spot cleaned or cleaned in the past.
We will use the upmost care with your rug, however there is a point of no return with a rug. We are not responsible for damage that occurs during cleaning and transportation.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment. There is a $120.00 cancellation fee for non-emergency cancellations if you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment time, including weekends. The $120 is credited back to you if you choose to reschedule with Green Tree Steamers within a two weeks of the cancelled appointment. If off hours, please leave your cancellation notice by voice mail (210-277-0424), text message (210-838-2497) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Green Tree Steamers Cancellation
In the rare event we need cancel your appointment for reasons beyond our control, we will let you know as quickly as possible as well as attempt to find an suitable service provider to fill our cancellation. Abrupt cancellations may occur due to inclement weather, mechanical failure or other unforeseen events.
You will receive a 30 minute ETA text message prior to our arrival.
We will Not clean textiles in a home or facility that has an obvious bug or rodent infestation: bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, lice, mice, rats, etc. If your home or facility has an infestation of any sort, please cancel and reschedule with us when your home or facility has been treated and cleared by a professional extermination service.
100% Soil Removal is Not Possible
Green Tree Steamers can remove a significant amount of soil from your textiles. 100% soil removal is not possible unless the textile is brand new.
Caution: walking from moist carpet to hard surfaces creates a slip hazard. Please wipe your feet dry prior to walking from moist carpet to hard surfaces. We are not responsible for injuries that might result from slip hazards.
You understand we will have several hoses, both large and small, running throughout your home or facility during the cleaning service. We are not responsible for injuries that might result from our hoses, equipment or misplaced furniture being in a walkway.
Whether you own your home or it is a rental property, please provide our cargo van with a sufficient area to park and work from. If you know we will not be fully located on your owned or rented property during the service, please contact your Home Owners Association, Property Manager, Landlord or Public Service Department, prior to your service, to inform them of our being on any community property so they may caution surrounding neighbors, tenants or visitors of the work being performed.
We use carpet coasters to ensure we do not damage the stretch in your carpet or leave a rust or varnish stain after the carpet has been cleaned. We do Not use plastic tabs, foil, foam cubes or any other device to move/block furniture. Note that carpet beneath stationary furniture is usually clean with the exception of vacuuming when you do move it. If you would like medium to large furniture moved (50 lbs+), we sell carpet coasters at a rate of $5.00 each ($20.00 for four legs). The coasters are yours to keep and should be removed when the carpet is completely dry. If moving furniture from carpet to hard surfaces such, we sell soft coasters for $10.00 each leg ($40.00 for four legs). If you elect to move your furniture, please do so prior to our arrival as moving the furniture during service requires your continual presence: You will need to move each furniture piece a total of 6 times: twice during vacuuming, twice during prespray and twice during steam cleaning. Though we take every precaution to safely move your furniture, we are not responsible for damages that might result from moving furniture. We do not move certain pieces of furniture including king size beds, two-piece dressers, memory foam mattresses, heirloom furniture, glass/mirrors, antique furniture, furniture of significant value, delicate furniture and any furniture that holds electronics.
We will be running vacuum hoses from our van into your home, which requires at least one door to be open during service. Please place your pet(s) in a crate, bathroom, or safe location where they will not escape out of the open door. We are not responsible for lost pets or their whereabouts during the service.
Traffic Lanes & Black Sole Shoe Stains
Traffic lanes occur for several reasons: fabric wear, black sole shoe stains, asphalt, pH staining, embedded soils. If you have oil-based carpet and frequently wear black soled shoes as in dress shoes, flip flops, or house shoes, please note that removing black sole shoe stains is priced as stain removal and we do not guarantee a significant change in appearance. We do not guarantee complete traffic lane soil removal.
There are several contributing factors that affect dry time: level of moisture, level of humidity, air movement and thickness of carpet. Dirtier carpet requires increased water usage, which adds to dry time. Dry time varies based on level of soiling, outside humidity, air movement and thickness of carpet.
Dry Carpet Cleaning
If you choose to our Dry Carpet Cleaning method, you are responsible for thoroughly vacuuming the carpet after it is completely dry. Doing so removes the encapsulated soils and is vital to completing the service. If you do not wish to vacuum, we will quote you on revisiting your location to vacuum for a fee.
Spots & Stains.
During our pre-inspection, please be sure to point out all spots and stains that are concerning you. We recommend letting us clean your carpet first to see if the spot(s) comes up with the cleaning. Any spot that remains after cleaning is considered a stain. Stain removal is charged separately.
Service Complaints are Time Sensitive
Any service complaint related to re-cleaning certain areas must be made within two weeks of the original service date & time. The complaint can be made by phone, text, email or letter, but it must be received within two weeks of the original service date & time. If the original service was in anyway related to pets, and the customer or household still has the pet(s) in the home, the two week complaint window is void.
Service Complaints In and Outside of San Antonio, TX
San Antonio area service complaints receive the first available appointment slot to revisit or re-clean areas in question. Service complaints outside of San Antonio may choose the next available appointment slot at a $50 cost, or may wish to have us revisit/re-clean the area in question when we’re in your area over the following two weeks from the original complaint. If two weeks has passed without our presence in your area, we will revisit/re-clean the area in question at our next available appointment slot at no cost. If we service an area outside our regular service foot print, and a re-clean request arises within two weeks after the cleaning, there is a $120 minimum revisit fee to cover our travel costs.
Small, Unnoticeable Stains
We are not responsible for removing small, unnoticeable stains from your carpet that you have not previously pointed out during pre-inspection. We will attempt to remove unnoticeable stains if you point each one out at a nominal removal rate.
We are not responsible for removing paint drops that might have occurred from previous paintings. We will attempt to remove paint stains if you point all of them out and we agree on a removal price.
We cannot fully remove paint stains, varnish, black shoe sole stains, filtration stains along the baseboards, dyes, inks, rust, burn stains, or any substance that is known cause permanent staining. If we do attempt to remove such stains, we do not guarantee complete removal or satisfaction. Many carpet repair services can remove stains by patching the carpet and moving it to an inconspicuous corner or closet.
Pet or Human Hair
Carpet cleaning excludes hair removal. We make no guarantee to remove pet or human hair from your carpet or upholstery. If your carpet has noticeable amounts of pet or human hair, we will charge a fee to attempt to remove as much hair as possible prior to our cleaning.
If you would like for us to wear shoe covers at all times in your home, please let us know prior to our arrival. We typically wear shoe covers when it has been raining outside. We will always wear shoe covers when walking on your freshly cleaned carpet.
Dark Lines at the Baseboard/Door Thresholds
Filtration stains are dark lines around the parameter of your carpet at the baseboard. These are caused by air filtering into the walls at the baseboard typically from gas heat, candles and gas appliances. These stains consist of fine particles that embed themselves into the carpet fiber. Attempting to remove filtration stains results in an insignificant change; therefore, we do not offer filtration stain removal.
Wicking (Reappearing Spots)
Oil-based carpet can wick, or re-evaporate spots to the surface as the carpet dries. Applying stainguard to the carpet after cleaning reduces wicking. If you do not purchase stainguard, we are not responsible for spots that might return during the drying process.
Normal Wear and Tear
While we take every precaution to care for your home, we are not responsible for normal wear and tear such as minor scratches, dents and scuffs that might result from service.
Personal Items & Items of Value
Prior to our arrival, please have your personal items as well as items of value appropriately stored away.
Personal Property on Carpet
We are carpet cleaners – not a maid service. Please have small furniture and personal items such as magazines, clothing, kid’s toys, shoes, etc., off the floor unless you do not want the carpet cleaned beneath such items.
Carpet Cleaning Results
The Light, Mid-Level and Deep Cleaning Packages pertain only to soil removal and not structural fiber improvement. Green Tree Steamers does not guarantee to remove all soils, spots and stains from your carpet.
Vacant or Unchaperoned Homes or Facilities
As owner, landlord, tenant or agent of the owner, landlord or tenant, you release Green Tree Steamers from service complaints or all claims of damage to your home or facility when you agree to allow our employee’s to be in your home or facility without your presence.
Water Only Cleaning
If you refuse the use of detergents to clean your textiles, you assume all responsibilities with the results of using water only. Detergents remove soils from textiles at a significant rate as compared to water alone.
By choosing Green Tree Steamers, LLC you agree to settle unresolved complaints and disputes through a reputable arbitration company in or near the San Antonio, TX
Please call with any questions you may have regarding our disclaimer or other service questions. 210-277-0424